Saturday 5 November 2011

The Great Trans-Siberian PC Build - part 1

So for the last few months (or years rather, since the inception of the idea) I have been working on building a computer all for myself. Admittedly I'm not a hardware person; I prefer being in the comfort of my seat and programming hardware to see it do some pretty amazing stuff, but when it comes to actually putting together hardware I'm about as good at it as an ogre is with china kitchenware.

Well after toying with the idea, I did a feasability analysis and a cost analysis (very formal and very SLC). I decided that my initial build would be to spend in the region of £750 to build a powerful AMD based system. But as with any project, deadlines and cost are two things that are hard to keep a reign on.

Next time, I'll show you what my parts list look like and how much I oversaw my budget by.

Part 1 - Introductions (this page)
Part 2 - Components list
Part 3 - Asus Crosshair V Formula
Part 4 - Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
Part 5 - NZXT Phantom
Part 6 - AMD Phenom II 1100T Black Edition
... This is a work in progress, so further parts will be added as I complete them

No comments:

Post a Comment